What Are the Odds of a Housefire in Clarendon, PA
House fires have become more common now than ever. If you check the news, you see a house fire almost every other week. They are a tragedy, and it is important to know how and why they can occur. Below are some house fire statistics to help gain a better understanding of how common they are.
- 356,500 house fires occurred in 2020
- 49% of house fires are caused by cooking accidents
- $78,838 is the average home insurance house fire claim
- 20% of fires occur between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- 28,400 was the average number of house fires started intentionally from 2015 to 2019
- 2,580 civilian deaths occurred from house fires in 2020
- 5 minutes is all it takes for a house fire to reach over 1,100?
After reading these intimidating statistics, it's important to know you have options to prevent fires and have a plan if a fire occurs. Prevention starts with safe cooking habits, checking electrical wires annually, etc. In addition, create an escape plan and prepare a route of escape if a fire were to occur when individuals are in the home.
SERVPRO of Erie and Warren Counties are fire and water damage restoration specialists. We are always Here to Help, 24/7. If you live in Sugar Grove, North East, Platea, and their surrounding areas, give us a call at (814) 806-1987 for immediate assistance or visit our Website!